Research has determined that taking a nap can not only improve a person’s mood, and it also has positive health effects. That’s why doctors recommend that people take naps three times a week for about 30 minutes each. This type of naps is advised more in older adults, so it is essential that in the spaces of assisted living México.
A nap can significantly reduce cardiovascular problems, mainly because the work of the heart reduces, so it is an excellent reason for this muscle not to work so actively. Many experts agree that it is good to sleep after eating as you enter a state called postprandial. This effect during digestion has a direct impact on different parts of the body. At the time of ingestion, blood flow decreases so that the concentration or activity of the body focuses on the digestive system.
In the process of digestion, the heart tends to work more because it needs to help or boost the digestive system, so, if in this process the person relaxes, you can facilitate their work because it will not be so active and may wear less. That is why it is said that naps are essential so that there is not so much wear on the heart. On the other hand, not only the heart will benefit, but also the mind and anything that can affect a person who is under stress. If individuals take naps when they are under pressure, rest helps reduce stress, so when you wake up, you will be much more relaxed.
The nap will allow the brain to rest so that it will yield more. The excess of information that is handled in a day can weaken the mind so, by taking a break, it allows the brain to rest and relax, facilitating the capacity for storage, creativity, concentration, and learning. It also improves memory and makes it easier to remember experiences.
How can you take a perfect nap?
- There are seasons when it is more tempting to take naps, mainly in summer, because the high temperatures contribute to peripheral vasodilatation, which, combined with other factors, cause drowsiness. So a summer nap isn’t bad at all.
- Sleep after every meal. As mentioned, it is not bad to rest after we have eaten. Moreover, we help our body to recover energy, but the nap mustn’t exceed half an hour, or else there will be more tiredness.
- Sleeps outside. An outdoor nap under the shade is ideal for relaxing the body. This type of naps in open places helps to reduce stress levels considerably, and more when one is in contact with nature.
- Consider sleeping at home. If you prefer to rest inside the house, space should have proper ventilation. During the nap, the legs can be raised a little to improve the circulation of the lower part of the body.
- On the job, a short nap is recommended, but if that’s not possible, closing your eyes can help a lot. This allows the blood pressure to drop and the person to feel less stress.