Although oral cancer is not as frequent in the population, it is essential to take into account some signals that our body sends us to know if we may have this disease. Although they are generally alert, the best option is to consult a dentist in Tijuana so that you can tell if you have this pathology or another disease causes oral problems. That’s why here we’ll leave you some symptoms that you can take into account.
- One of the most frequent symptoms in people who have this pathology, are the wounds that are located in areas of the oral cavity as it is in the tongue and on the floor of the mouth, although these wounds can spread in areas such as the gums or cheeks, it is not very common to happen. This spread originates when the disease is already in an advanced stage, so treatment is already more complicated. This disease is very complicated to detect, but it is possible to take precautions.
- If you frequently have problems with ulcers that take time to heal, you may be an urgent alert. Also, those ulcers that bleed regularly can be a perfect symptom to which we must pay full attention. These types of ulcers may look a lot like cold sores, but unlike cold sores, ulcers tend to spread for more than a week. Also, they often present discomforts that it is better to consult with a specialist.
- When there is the presence of a white layer that tends to pigment the inside of the oral cavity, it is necessary to pay attention to it. This type of abnormality is closely related to precancerous lesions, so if not treated in time, this symptom can cause significant problems that will be more complicated to eradicate. One of the characteristics of this symptom is that at first, they are not painful, but they affect the tissue profoundly. Many times people tend to have numbness in certain areas.
- Another symptom that can detect the presence of cancer in the mouth is the difficulty people have in moving their tongue and jaw. This symptom is accompanied by severe pain that prevents individuals from swallowing. So, if there are problems related to this point, it is necessary to go immediately to a dentist.
- Bad breath that may occur in the oral cavity may be a symptom of mouth cancer. Mainly if the lousy breath is frequent, remember that this breath is due to the presence of bacteria that are located on the tongue.
- Loose teeth can also be a symptom of oral cancer, so if the person has this symptom, it is necessary to determine if it is due to another problem or the disease itself.
What can I do to reduce the risk?
- First, we need to avoid nicotine and harmful substances. So if you are a person who smokes continuously, it is necessary to reduce the number of cigarettes smoked per day, and then quit.
- It is necessary to involve in our diet foods such as fruit and vegetables because they contain high levels of nutrients that are beneficial to the health of the oral cavity.
- The amount of alcohol we consume should be limited because, if the percentage of consumption is exceeded, tumors may be present.
If there is a fear of preventing cancer in the mouth, it is ideal to go to a dentist to determine if the disease is present or if the symptoms are more related to other types of pathologies.